Hi, I am Jan, and I work on AI & security. The performance, impact, and importance of AI is rapidly increasing, and my mission is to make it more secure, trustworthy, respectful of privacy, and robust. Presently, I am a researcher at the Czech Technical University in Prague (CTU) and the founder & AI specialist at BohemAI, an AI development & consultancy company. I hold a doctorate in Computer Science from the University of Amsterdam and a master’s degree with honours in Artificial Intelligence from the CTU.
Latest blog posts
- Backdoor attacks & defense @ CVPR ’23: How to build and burn Trojan horsesBackdoor (or Trojan) attacks poison an AI model during training, essentially giving attackers the keys. This post summarizes CVPR ’23 research backdoor attacks and defense.
- From “maybe” to “absolutely sure”: Certifiable security at CVPR ’23Certifiable security (CS) gives security guarantees to AI models, which is highly desirable for practical AI applications. Learn about CS work at CVPR ’23 in this post.
- How to see properly: Adversarial defense by data inspectionData inspection is a promising adversarial defense technique. Inspecting the data properly can reveal and even remove adversarial attacks. This post summarizes data inspection work from CVPR ’23.
- Adversarial training: a security workout for AI modelsAdversarial training (AT) amends the training data of an AI model to make it more robust. How does AT fare against modern attacks? This post covers AT work presented at CVPR ’23.
- Better model architecture, better adversarial defenseAdversarial defense is a crucial topic: many attacks exist, and their numbers are surging. This post covers CVPR ’23 work on bolstering model architectures.