Hi, I am Jan, and I work on AI & security. The performance, impact, and importance of AI is rapidly increasing, and my mission is to make it more secure, trustworthy, respectful of privacy, and robust. Presently, I am a researcher at the Czech Technical University in Prague (CTU) and the founder & AI specialist at BohemAI, an AI development & consultancy company. I hold a doctorate in Computer Science from the University of Amsterdam and a master’s degree with honours in Artificial Intelligence from the CTU.
Latest blog posts
- Judging LLM security: How to make sure large language models are helping us?Large language models (LLMs) have taken the world by storm, but LLM security is still in its infancy. Read about our contribution: a comprehensive, practical LLM security taxonomy.
- AI security @ CVPR ’23: Honza’s highlights & conclusionThis post presents “Honza’s highlights”—CVPR ’23 AI security papers that are worthy of your attention and have not received the official highlight status—and conclusions from CVPR ’23.
- Reality can be lying: Deepfakes and image manipulation @ CVPR ’23Deepfakes & image manipulation are increasingly used for spreading fake news or falsely incriminating people, presenting a security and privacy threat. This post summarizes CVPR ’23 work on the topic.
- Privacy attacks @ CVPR ’23: How to steal models and dataThis post summarizes CVPR ’23 work on privacy attacks that threaten to steal an AI model (model stealing) or its training data (model inversion).
- Backdoor attacks & defense @ CVPR ’23: How to build and burn Trojan horsesBackdoor (or Trojan) attacks poison an AI model during training, essentially giving attackers the keys. This post summarizes CVPR ’23 research backdoor attacks and defense.